Richard, Engineer
Experience:  Electronics Engineer
32989067

I have recently updated to Windows 10 but while I can send

Customer Question

I have recently updated to Windows 10 but while I can send E Mails I cannot receive can you help please M.C.Staley
Category: Electronics
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.
Can you please press the windows key + X and click on Command Prompt (admin)
A black window will appear. Type in it
sfc /scannow
Press enter and let the scan complete.
Then type in
chkdsk /r
Press enter.
It will give a message "the type of the file system is NTFS cannot lock current drive.
chkdsk cannot run because the volume is in use by another process. Would you like to schedule this volume to be checked the next time the system restarts y/n" Say Y, press enter and restart the computer.
Please note, while this normally only takes 10 minutes to run, it can take at times number of hours if windows encounters many issues. If this is occurring it is critical to let this complete as it means you have corruption on the hard drive that it needs to fix. Even if it looks like the scan is not progressing, it is, please just let it run to completion. Windows will then start when it has.
Then check and tell me if you still get the error please
I can also do these steps for you, and have made a request via Additional Services. This is optional, and if you choose to do this, I can, with your permission, remote into your computer while you watch and do all these steps (and deal with any problems that arise during them) for you. Or if you do not choose to take this service, we can continue here. This is no problem at all. Just let me know please.
Else let me know the results please.
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Can you go to www.teamviewer.com
Click on Download for Free
Download and install the program and give me the ID and Password ***** please so I can connect
Do not close the program but leave it open else I will not be able to connect
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I typed in cnkdsk/r and enter but I just got a long list of files?

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
you mispelt it and forgot the space
Its
chkdsk /r
You have to type it like that