Shahid
Shahid, Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing electronic gear since 1993 as a qualified Sony tech
33243543

50'' plasma (TX-P50G10B) has been having

Hi ***** 50'' plasma (TX-P50G10B) has been having screen issues for a month or so. There is a circular rainbow effect which distorts the colours on the screen and renders skin tones to an artificial level. I bought the TV in Nov 2009. I have read that plasmas tend to have a limited shelf life but i expected close to 8 to 10 years not 6. Can this be repaired?
Category: Electronics
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.
Hello, I'm Shahid and will assist you. Is it possible for you to provide a picture of TV screen so I can view the issue by myself which will help to diagnose the problem bit quickly?Thanks.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I've attached the photo of the screen. The rainbow effect is quite clear.
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for the picture which helped a lot.Its either incorrect Vsus volts that should be adjusted or power supply board has got failing capacitors that causing incorrect volts output OR A board is suspected that provide video data to plasma panel to make an image. Please check Vsus volts on power supply board that should be as per label pasted on plasma panel rear side and if Vsus volts are fine then A board swapping is required.I trust my input will help you out. Please feel free to respond if you have any additional questions.A positive rating to answer would be greatly appreciated, please click on smiley face/star on this page then click submit/finish button so I can get credit on website for my work. Regards,Shahid.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
How do I go about checking Vsus volts and how would I adjust it? If swapping a board is needed, how is it done? I'm a complete novice with electronics.
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.
I'm afraid a novice should not attempt it because you would be dealing with high volts in TV and electric shock risk is involve, for your won safety it would be better to call local TV tech to do this job.Thanks.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok. Thanks a lot for your help. It'll be useful when I recount this to a repair facility.