Shahid
Shahid, Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing electronic gear since 1993 as a qualified Sony tech
33243543

I've got a Samsung Smart TV, purchased 2014. I have sound

Customer Question

I've got a Samsung Smart TV, purchased 2014. I have sound but no picture, although it was fine earlier on today. The black TV screen lightens up, but no picture. The TV also isn't booting the way it used to - it used to boot with a Samsung logo, now it just boots with sound much faster than before. What can I do, if anything?
Category: Electronics
Expert:  Shahid replied 2 years ago.
Hello, I'm Shahid and will be happy to assist you. I need additional info of TV symptoms to troubleshoot the problem. This is not an answer so do not rate it.- Can you please get me the model number written on back of TV?- What video devices/ sources (such as cable box DVD player etc) are connected to TV and does the problem occur on all video input sources?- Is the TV still under warranty?Thanks.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Model number UE32F5500AK. There's a DVD player attached, I can hear the DVD but there's no picture, which is the same as on the digitial tv channels.
No, the TV isn't under warranty.
Thanks!
Expert:  Shahid replied 2 years ago.
Thanks for the info. have you tried to unplug TV and cable box power cords from wall outlet for 10 minutes to reset, replug back in and check?If not yet, can you try it now and check?If screen still stays blank then this kind of problem occurs due to either t-con board failure which would be mounted under metal shield at top or bottom center of rear of LCD panel or LVDS cable runs between t-con board and main board of TV where all video input jacks are located is unplugged/ misaligned or main board of TV has got internal failure with video processor chip and it is not sending out video data to t-con board through LVDS cable.Please check/ reinstall LVDS cable, if problem persist then swap the t-con board in TV and if problem still persists then main board replacement is needed. I trust my input will help you out. Please feel free to respond if you have any additional questions.A positive rating to answer would be greatly appreciated, please click on smiley face/star on this page then click submit/finish button so I can get credit on website for my work. Regards,Shahid.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Hi Shahid,
Unplugged the TV for 10 minutes - the standby light went out - and then plugged it back in again. The problem is still there.
I checked that the LVDS cable was correctly inserted, and it was.
The screen lights up on various video inputs, but it's still black and there is no picture, although the sound is fine.
I suspect I need to get a new TV, as I don't have the skill to replace the tcon board, or the main board.
Thanks for your help.
Expert:  Shahid replied 2 years ago.
ah OK, I wish I had better news about TV and you're correct, a new TV would be better choice at this point.
Have nice time!

Shahid.