Shahid
Shahid, Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing electronic gear since 1993 as a qualified Sony tech
33243543

I have a Samsung 40" D5520 tv. The picture has a horizontal

I have a Samsung 40" D5520 tv. The picture has a horizontal 50/50 split with the top half darker and blurred. Is there any way I can fix this fault.
Thanx
Al C
Category: Electronics
Expert:  Shahid replied 2 years ago.
Hello, I'm Shahid and will be happy to assist you. I need additional info of TV symptoms to troubleshoot the problem.This is not an answer so do not rate it.- Can you please get me the complete model number written on back of TV?- What video devices/ sources (such as cable box DVD player etc) are connected to TV and does the problem occur on all video input sources?Thanks.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi, model number is *****

Connected devices are BT Youview, Samsung 5.1 Blue ray.

Problem occures when TV is switched on and at first only lasted minutes, but now carries on for many hours. It started about one week ago.

Expert:  Shahid replied 2 years ago.
Thanks for the info. Problem seems with LCD panel, however, have you tried to unplug TV and cable box power cords from wall outlet for 10 minutes to reset, replug back in and check?If not yet, can you try it now and reply back with the result?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Problem is still there.

Expert:  Shahid replied 2 years ago.
Sorry to hear that, it seems LCD panel internal failure and entire panel will be replaced to resolve the problem but it would cost more than new TV price of same size so at this point you would be better off with a new TV.I trust my input will help you out. Please feel free to respond if you have any additional questions.A positive rating to answer would be greatly appreciated, please click on smiley face/star on this page then click submit/finish button so I can get credit on website for my work. Regards,Shahid.