TV-Tech1
TV-Tech1, Technician
Experience:  30 years servicing Tellys
26807325

I have a Samsung tv (18month old uf5070 series tv) I bought

I have a Samsung tv (18month old uf5070 series tv) I bought today a Samsung sound bar model no hw- j250 2.2. the optical sound cable does not appear to fit the optical sound input socket a white piece of plastic on the end of the cable seems to stop me
inserting it fully or is this white plastic part of the cable I don't know as my knowledge of these cables is extremely poor
Category: Electronics
Expert:  TV-Tech1 replied 2 years ago.
I've seen some cables come with a plastic cover over the connector. If you plug in the opposite end and power up the TV, do you see red light at the other end of the cable? Plus, one side is flat, the other side beveled, so it only fit in one direction and snaps/locks in place. The optical cable connector looks like this. along with the Soundbar's optical input - see picture below -
Expert:  TV-Tech1 replied 2 years ago.
Whoops, that picture wasn't complete, try the one below -
Expert:  TV-Tech1 replied 2 years ago.
Here is your 2nd picture of the cable. Read the information posted above it.