*ElectronicsTech
*ElectronicsTech, Customer Service
Experience:  I have over 15 years experience as an electronics repair and troubleshooting technician.
62741268

On holiday my mobile a Galaxy Pocket neo locked up. This only

On holiday my mobile a Galaxy Pocket neo locked up. This only allowed me to make emergency calls only, and stopped me from any other selection. My provider sent a new sim card saying that it should cure the problem but it hasn't.The display shows the time and date and telephone key pad and the words emergency call Regards ***** *****
Category: Electronics
Expert:  *ElectronicsTech replied 2 years ago.
Hi,My name is ***** ***** certified professional with over 10 years experience. I will be glad to assist you with this. .I am sorry to hear that you are having this issue. You will need to determine if this is a firmware or hardware issue. If it is a hardware issue then the only option will be to get it repaired smartphone repair center. If the phone is less than 12 months old you can get this done under the Samsung warranty.The only option to rule out the firmware in the Phone will be a factory restore.The process for restoring an Phone begins by wiping the Phone, which puts it into the same clean state it was when you first got it out of the box.The only way that your data will be saved is if you had the phone connected to a Google account. Your pics and videos that are on your memory card will not be affected by the restore.1. Turn the phone off.2. Press and hold the Volume Up + Home and the Power key.3. With Volume down highlight Wipe data / Factory reset 4. Press power for confirmation.5. Select and highlight Yes -- delete all user data, press power.If that does not work try entering this code on your keypad please> *2767*3855#