Richard, Engineer
Experience:  Electronics Engineer
32989067

My i pad tells me that it is disabled and to connect to i tunes.

Customer Question

My i pad tells me that it is disabled and to connect to i tunes. I have tried to do this with no success. My i pad threw a wobbly after loading op system update last week. it asked me for a password ***** I could not emember. The keypad has not previously had a lock or password. Can you please advise.
Thanks, *****
Category: Electronics
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Hi there and welcome Mr Simms
You will have to try to reset the iPad
To do the reset
Connect the iPad to the computer and open itunes
Hold the power and home button down until you see
"iTunes has detected an iPAd in recovery mode..."
Click Restore iPad, let this complete and it should now work
Let me know the results please
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
the restore i pad message did not appear.I now have the i tunes symbol and the connecting lead with plug pointing towards i tunes on the i pad screen....?? what next please?
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
you did the instructions while the iPad was connected to the computer correct?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
yes. AM I using the correct lead and computer terminal?
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
I do not know as I cannot see from here....
But if it says to connect the iPad to the computer which is what you described, it does not appear so.
You need to have one end of the cable plugged into the bottom of the iPad and the other into the computer.
I can see you are a first time user to the site. What we do here is either a question and answer type of conversation or remote support where I would actually connect to the computer and have a look and attempt to fix the problem for you.
Remote support can save a lot of time if you are not comfortable performing repairs yourself. Sometimes even with instructions you can make a mistake and make things worse.
I will send an offer through for remote support and should you accept I will connect and see what is going on and fix the issue. Otherwise we can continue to talk like this but I will need to ask a number of other questions and try and walk you through some steps.
Both options are 100% guaranteed by the way. Remote is just quicker and avoids the risk of you making a mistake and doing something wrong.
If you want remote click get extra help. If not simply reply to me.
Thanks,
Richard, Engineer
Experience: Electronics Engineer
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Can you go to www.teamviewer.com
Click on Download for Free
Download and install the program and give me the ID and Password ***** please so I can connect
Do not close the program but leave it open else I will not be able to connect
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
id###-##-####password *****
i tunes symbol is flashing on my computer.
You will have realised by now that my knowledge and ability with computers is very low. ...
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
ok, you just gave me the ID and Password ***** a picture, you need to please actually download and run the program so it can give you your ID and Password ***** give to me please.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
sorry. I thinkwhat you want is
ID 425 053 366
password *****
thanks. Peter
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Hi Peter,
I am about to go offline now, as it's been nearly an hour since you replied (you did do the instructions correctly)
And this process will take about 1/2 hour to an hour to complete. Can we do this tomorrow please? I am on from 9am UK time until now, so anytime then will work for me.
You can send a message tomorrow when you are online and we do it straight away then.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
ok. sorry for the gerieatic delay. will contact you tomorrow. Peter
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
its no problem!
Till tomorrow Peter and have a great night
-Richard
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Richard,
Good morning. When I connected to itunes this morning it allowed me to restore settings, which I have done HOWEVER I cannot open the ipad as I cannot recall the original ID and password. Old age again. I enterred what I have written down as the original settings but the pad will not accept them.......Peter
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
ok, try to reset the password ***** please Peter
https://iforgot.apple.com/
And use this new password
Let me know the results please
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Richard.
Success.. All is restored, and access to keyboard password *****
Everything is updated and icloud is now restoring all contents.
Manythanks for all your help.
Peter.
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Perfect Peter!

Pleasure working with you.

If you ever need anything else, please let me know