Richard, Engineer
Experience:  Electronics Engineer
32989067

Kodak hero 9.1 printer error code 3527 printhead jam, done

kodak hero 9.1 printer error code 3527 printhead jam, done all the listed things but cannot acces the printhead it remains on the left hand side so cant get to it
Category: Electronics
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.
Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.
With the printer powered on, try to move the printhead over to the middle with your hand.
Are you able to get it dislodged so it moves again?
Please let me know
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

no stuck solid

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
ok, power it off by removing the power cable from the power socket, then plug it back in and as you turn it on, try again please Kevin.
Let me know the results please
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

done that same message appears

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Thanks Kevin, this confirms the problem
It is the drive motor in the printer that drives this that has faulted, it is not just stuck due to a slipped gear.
I am really sorry about this and you are going to have to return the printer to have this replaced. It will be covered by the warranty if this has not expired, and the replacement will be done at no cost to you.
I am really sorry about this, and if you have problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.
And if you can take a second to rate my service, that would be greatly appreciated.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Daer Richieme. thank you for your responses. onbviously I was disappointed that it needed repair as it is out of warranty, I was prepared to purchase a new printer as it is is finacially more viable than a repair, however a colleague suggested I look on you tube as it seems a common problem and sure enough there was a very simple solution to my exact problem and the printer is now working fine. I am even more disappointed that the Kodak helppage which after listing the simple common ense solutions then redirecetd me to your webpage and cost me £20.