Richard, Engineer
Experience:  Electronics Engineer
32989067

I get no onscreen messages DVD recorder

I get no onscreen messages for my DVD recorder
Category: Electronics
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.
Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.
Can you tell me the make and model of the recorder please, and it powering on at all?
Please let me know
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Panasonic DVD recorder, DMR-EX95VEBS. It poers on fine and records direct from TV. however, I need the "on screen" menu in order to record from HD to DVD but I cannot get any onscreen messages from the remote to display on the screen

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Thank you Peter,
First step, please put a fresh set of batteries in the remote and tell me if the menu now works from it. Even though the remote works, some buttons require more power then others.
Please do this and let me know if it now comes up.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

It has brand new fresh batteries

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Thanks Peter,
We will then need to reset the recorder. To do this, on the recorder itself, hold the channel up and channel down buttons while it is on, for 6 seconds then release.
It should then bring up the setup menu. Set it up again and tell me if it now functions correctly please.