Shahid
Shahid, Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing electronic gear since 1993 as a qualified Sony tech
33243543

I have a Samsung LE40C580J1K TV, which when I attempted to

I have a Samsung LE40C580J1K TV, which when I attempted to turn on failed. The standby light continued to blink & no picture / audio was received. Is this a terminal issue or do I need to reset the tv ?
Thank You
Keith Berry
Category: Electronics
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.
Hello, I'm Shahid and will be happy to assist you. I need additional info of TV symptoms to troubleshoot the problem.This is not an answer so do not rate it.- How old is the TV and how long it have had the problem?- Have you tried to unplug TV power cord from wall outlet for 10 minutes to reset, replug back in and check?If not yet, can you try it now and reply back with the result?Thanks.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Tv was brought in 2011.
No change, standby light continues to blink when power turned on. No picture or audio.
Issue has occurred today, no problems with the Tv yesterday or earlier today
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.
OK, so unplug - replug didn't work and TV acts the same?Can you please check lower front for control buttons area and make sure it is cleaned (no stains etc that can cause a button to work continuously)?Also, remove batteries from TV remote to see if flashing standby light stops?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Turned plug on & off again.
No change, standby light continues to flash.
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.
Sorry to hear that, it seems TV has got hardware related issue.Please remove back cover of TV and unplug connector from power supply board that goes to main board of TV, replug TV power cord back in and check.Does power light stop flashing and screen lit/ shows backlight?If so that means either the touch control button board or main board is defective and swapping the bad board will help to resolve the problem. Mostly it is main board found defective. If you're not comfortable working on it yourself then local TV tech will do this job for you. I trust my input will help you out. Please feel free to respond if you have any additional questions.A positive rating to answer would be greatly appreciated, please click on smiley face/star on this page then click submit/finish button so I can get credit on website for my work.Regards,Shahid.