Shahid
Shahid, Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing electronic gear since 1993 as a qualified Sony tech
33243543

My brand new Cx800 50' worked on initial set up using

Customer Question

Hi - my brand new Cx800 50' worked on initial set up using a sKy feed through the HDMI input 1, but now the green light flashes when I turn on and the TV then goes into standby mode. When attempting turn on it then just flashed red - ie signal from remote works, but a black screen. The sky box connected through HDMI works as tested with another screen attached? Faulty TV or user error? Any help appreciated.
Category: Electronics
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.
Hello, I'm Shahid and will be happy to assist you. I need additional info of TV symptoms to troubleshoot the problem.This is not an answer so do not rate it.- Can you please get me the model number written on back of TV?- What video devices/ sources (such as cable box DVD player etc) are connected to TV and does the problem occur on all video input sources?- Does TV menu screen appear when push menu button on TV or its remote?Thanks.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi model number is
TX-50CX802B
The only input is Sky through HDMI (worked the day I set it up last week)
No menus just a balck screen - can't seem to get it to turn on / off standby
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for the info.- How old is the TV and how long it have had the problem?- Have you tried to unplug TV and Sky box power cords from wall outlet for 10 minutes to reset, replug back in and check?If not yet, can you try it now and reply back with the result?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Tv is 4 days old
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Will unplug for 10
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Actually has been unplugged for last hour. Just turned back on
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Same problem
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.
OK and problem still persist?If so then I'm afraid it is TV internal failure, it could be main board failure that will need to be replaced. Since TV is brand new so please return it to store and ask for replacement as any other attempt like removing back cover of TV for power supply output volts check or visual inspection will void the warranty.I wish I had an easy or quick fix for you but I'm sorry it is hardware failure in TV, I trust my input will help you out. Please feel free to respond if you have any additional questions.A positive rating to answer would be greatly appreciated, please click on smiley face/star on this page then click submit/finish button so I can get credit on website for my work.Regards,Shahid.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
This is what I thought. Thanks
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.

You're welcome, TV would be under warranty so you're safe and wont cost you any money. Please feel free to respond if you have any additional questions.
A positive rating to answer would be greatly appreciated, please click on smiley face/star on this page then click submit/finish button so I can get credit on website for my work.
Regards,

Shahid.