Viet - Technician
Viet - Technician, Technician
Experience:  Electronics Tech. Troubleshoot consumer electronics devices.
30037186

I want to set up my printer to work wirelessly

Category: Electronics
Expert:  Viet - Technician replied 2 years ago.
I'm sorry about the issue. What's the model of your printer?
What is the model of your Internet modem/router device?
Do you have windows xp, vista, or 7, or 8, 10, or mac computer?
Please reply at the box below. Thank you
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
brother MFC J870DW
technicolour tg582n pro
win 10
Thank you. Is it currently printing via wired connection?
Can we do a remote support session, so I can troubleshoot the issue directly on your computer together with you?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
yes wired, have never tried running it wirelessly,
Can I connect remotely to your computer, so I can troubleshoot this issue directly on your computer together with you? Please reply at the box below. Thank you.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
As a last resort yes, I'm not saying it doesn't work, have never tried , just don't know how to set it up,
I can provide you written instructions you can try first. If needed, then I can connect remotely to your computer and fix okay? Remote support is quicker and easier for you as I would do all the troubleshooting steps for you. Otherwise, it will take longer as I need some time to write all the instructions for you; it requires a lot of steps for setting up wi-fi/wireless, so please wait for me to write the steps. Thank you.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Thank you....im waiting
You're welcome. STEP 1: Uninstall the printer for now. Disconnect the printer's USB cable from the computer.Right-click on Start (which is the windows logo button at the bottom left of the computer's screen), then click on Control Panel, then open Programs -> Programs and Features, then uninstall the Brother program, if it's there.Go to Control Panel\Hardware and Sound\Devices and Printers and if you see any Brother printer, then right-click on it, and remove it for now. You can do STEP 1 first while I am writing more steps. Please wait. Thank you.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
usb disconnected from pc, software removed
STEP 2:- Click on Start -> Settings -> Network & Internet, then click on your connection type there, i.e., Wi-Fi and/or Ethernet, then click on the Connected item, then make sure to turn on "Find devices and content".
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
cant find ...Find devices and content
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
what is connected item?
See image below:http://winaero.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2015/06/windows-10-change-network-type-private-public.pngSee full details athttp://winaero.com/blog/change-network-location-type-public-or-private-in-windows-10/
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
its on now
STEP 3:- On the printer, press the WiFi button, then select Setup Wizard, if prompted to Enable WLAN or Switch Network interface to wireless, then press Yes, then select / connect to your Wi-Fi/wireless network name.If needed, see full instructions on page 31 on the Quick Setup Guide at the website below:http://download.brother.com/welcome/doc003115/cv_mfc870dw_uke_qsg_lel592004.pdfThank you.
STEP 4:- Download / install the Full Driver & Software Package at the website below:http://support.brother.com/g/b/downloadend.aspx?c=us&lang=en&prod=mfcj870dw_us_eu_as&os=135&dlid=dlf005335_000&flang=8&type3=11, make sure to select wireless option when prompted during installation, then check printing via wireless.Please reply at the box below. Thank you.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Thank you, ***** ***** desk top and laptop, just need to figure out if I can print my email from my kindle now, that would really be the cherry on the cake.

You're welcome. Great. Please see Brother printing information for kindle at the website below:

http://www.brother-usa.com/connect/mobile/android.aspx