Shahid
Shahid, Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing electronic gear since 1993 as a qualified Sony tech
33243543

MY Samsung ue40eh5000k tv screen went dim and later just stopped

MY Samsung ue40eh5000k tv screen went dim and later just stopped working . I have taken the back cover off, found the power input circuit board (bn44 00496a) was burned around what appears to be the transformer. I have substituted a replacement board (from e-bay) but it will not turn on , help please.. Chris
Category: Electronics
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.
Hello, I'm Shahid and will be happy to assist you. I need additional info of TV symptoms to troubleshoot the problem.This is not an answer so do not rate it.- Does TV stay On with black screen and does the program sound keep coming from TV speakers?Thanks.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
tv will not turn on, no sound
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.
ah OK, this kind of problem occurs due to failure of main board (one that has all video input jacks) where main processor chip got internal issue thus TV doesn't boot up. Please replace the main board in TV which will help to resolve the problem, get the part number off of label pasted on main board in TV to get identical replacement main board as different version/ part number main board may not work or give additional problems in TV.I trust my input will help you out. Please feel free to respond if you have any additional questions.A positive rating to answer would be greatly appreciated, please click on smiley face/star on this page then click submit/finish button so I can get credit on website for my work.Regards,Shahid.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The board where the power lead plugs in was brown around the coil in the centre of the upper half of the board
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.
Is it the power board you're referring here..http://assets.shopjimmy.com/media/catalog/product/cache/1/image/f8f28dc4a19c21aeb55ee5774693fb5d/s/h/shopjimmy-bn44-00496a-top_1.jpgCan you please provide me a picture of the board in your TV that has brownish tone?Since power board has already been replaced and it didn't fix the issue that means old board would still be good and you can put it in TV once TV turned On after main board replacement to verify it.Thanks.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
the board that has been browned is a BN94-00496A
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
sorry , I meant a BN44-00496A, the MAIN board will be a BN94-05548KD2U4 C411345
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.
OK, BN94-00496A number was confusing me.Required main board BN94-05548K is available at following supplier..http://www.lcd-plasma-parts.co.uk/bn41-01795a-bn94-05548k-samsung-ue40eh5000k-main-boardhttp://www.lcdparts.co.uk/index.php?id_product=7046&controller=productOR may please search/google with the part number to get better price info to order it and replace it in TV which will bring the TV back in business. Please feel free to respond if you have any additional questions.A positive rating to answer would be greatly appreciated, please click on smiley face/star on this page then click submit/finish button so I can get credit on website for my work.Regards,Shahid.