Shahid
Shahid, Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing electronic gear since 1993 as a qualified Sony tech
33243543

How do I link a Sonos Sound Bar to my Pioneer PDP5000ee

Customer Question

How do I link a Sonos Sound Bar to my Pioneer PDP5000ee display, bearing in mind that there is no optical output. Can I use an analogue to Optical converter and if so, how do I go about doing this? Thanks,

Category: Electronics
Expert:  Shahid replied 2 years ago.
Hello, I'm Shahid and will be happy to assist you.- Can you please get me the model number off of Sonos Sound Bar in question?This info will help to suggest connection setup.Thanks.
Expert:  Shahid replied 2 years ago.
- Also what video devices/ sources (such as cable box DVD player etc) are connected to TV.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

The Playbar has just been bought, so is the latest version. The only reference numbers on it are:

Playbar PBAR1UK1BLK

Serial No: 1506-5C-AA-FD-13-4F-BC-C

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I have a Sky HD Box and Apple TV connected via the two HDMI inputs.

Expert:  Shahid replied 2 years ago.
Thanks for the info.
I'm having hard time to find Pioneer PDP-5000EE model, are you sure it is not PDP-5000EX ?
If it is PDP-5000EX then I'm afraid it doesn't have any type of Audio Out (analog or digital) port to connect the sound bar/ external speaker system to TV.
Only option left is to check Sky box and Apple TV box for optical out port to connect to this sound bar through optical cable.
I'm searching for analog to digital audio converter device and get back to you in 10 minutes with result.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
My apologies, it is PDP5000ex
Expert:  Shahid replied 2 years ago.
Please check following link to view 'analog audio to digital audio converter device' that will work with sound bar but you can connect one device analog sound signal at a time..

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Ex-Pro%C2%AE-Analogue-Digital-Converter-TOSlink/dp/B009K55TJI/ref=sr_1_10/279-7739197-4183555?ie=UTF8&qid=1443900972&sr=8-10&keywords=analog+audio+to+digital+audio+converter+device

I trust my input will help you out. Please feel free to respond if you have any additional questions.
A positive rating to answer would be greatly appreciated, please click on smiley face/star on this page then click submit/finish button so I can get credit on website for my work.
Regards,
Shahid.