Richard, Engineer
Experience:  Electronics Engineer
32989067

I have a kodak 5200 printer. I cannot get it to print. Previously

I have a kodak 5200 printer. I cannot get it to print. Previously no problem. I have replaced printer head and ink cartridges but there is nothing on the paper when I print
Category: Electronics
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.
Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.
First, is this an issue that is occurring from multiple computers or just one?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

just the one

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Is it a windows or mac computer Nigel?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

windows

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Ok, click start, Devices and printers
Right click on your printer and select printer properties
Then click on Print test page and tell me how this appears please.
I can see you are a first time user to the site. What we do here is either a question and answer type of conversation or remote support where I would actually connect to the computer and have a look and attempt to fix the problem for you.
Remote support can save a lot of time if you are not comfortable performing repairs yourself. Sometimes even with instructions you can make a mistake and make things worse.
I will send an offer through for remote support and should you accept I will connect and see what is going on and fix the issue. Otherwise we can continue to talk like this but I will need to ask a number of other questions and try and walk you through some steps.
Both options are 100% guaranteed by the way. Remote is just quicker and avoids the risk of you making a mistake and doing something wrong.
If you want remote click get extra help. If not simply reply to me.
Thanks,
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I have just just replied I think it is the printer as the instruction goes through the printer takes the paper and appears to print but there is no image or print on the paper when it comes out

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
ok, but I can confirm this Nigel, via the last instructions I had you do.
What was the results?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

the paper came out blank

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
It is the internal mainboard in the printer that has faulted. All other causes have been ruled out.
I am really sorry about this and you are going to have to return the printer to have this replaced. It will be covered by the warranty if this has not expired, and the replacement will be done at no cost to you. If the warranty has expired Nigel, I advise against getting a repair as it would outweigh the costs of getting a replacement printer as they are so cheap now days
I am really sorry about this, and if you have problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.
And if you can take a second to rate my service, that would be greatly appreciated.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

ok. new printer it is then. Can I say it would be better if the site clearly had the option of not wanting a regular service. I don't blame you for this but all I wanted was a one off service and not to have the page asking to sign up for regular service to keep appearing blocking the message that you had replied. I trust my account will only be debited by the £20.72 that was shown.

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
It is only a once off Nigel unless you sign up for the monthly unlimited questions option they have. If you do not sign up for this you do not pay anything more.
I am credited when you rate the service I provided you.
If you do not need anything else from me, can you please rate my service?