Richard, Engineer
Experience:  Electronics Engineer
32989067

When I attempt to switch on my Technika TV from stand-by it

When I attempt to switch on my Technika TV from stand-by it comes on momentarily & then switches itself off again; after about 5 attempts(each staying on a tiny bit longer) it normally comes on! What is the problem/solution please?
Category: Electronics
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.
Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.
As the first step, can you please unplug the TV from the power socket and wait 10 minutes.
Then connect the TV to the power socket again, turn it on and tell me if it then starts please.
Let me know the results please
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I am away for 4 days & will get back to you then; thanks R.
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
ok thanks
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Not home yet! Will answer when I have tried your suggestion.
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
ok, thank you
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
No that has not worked at all. I switch on & get to stand-by & now I cannot get it to come on; it just returns to stand-by whether I use the remote or the switches on the TV itself!
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
ok, its pointing to the power board and this has been faulting out. It will be a capacitor on it shorting out.
But we try this one last trick.
Remove the power cable then hold the power button on the actual TV itself for 60 seconds then release.
Then connect the power cable and try to turn the TV on.
Let me know if it then starts please.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
No, it still keeps returning to stand-by when trying to start from cold. It works after about 12 attempts! If only off for a short time it starts ok or with far fewer attempts. Once going it is fine; but it takes about 5 minutes to get it going whether using the remote or buttons on the set itself.