Richard, Engineer
Experience:  Electronics Engineer
32989067

I have a Samsung 55 inch curved tv(uhd8500). I have just

Customer Question

Hi.I have a Samsung 55 inch curved tv(uhd8500). I have just moved house and have lost the one connect cable (that goes from the tv to the evolution box). Where can I order a replacement as cannot find anywhere on line?
Category: Electronics
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.
Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.
This is a HDMI Cable, you can get one from my link below
http://www.amazon.co.uk/REALMAX%C2%AE-Premium-Quality-supports-devices/dp/B01033D1R2/ref=sr_1_2?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1444053831&sr=1-2&keywords=hdmi+cables+amazon
If you would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.
Else if you can take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the screen then submit, that would be greatly appreciated.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi RichardThanks for coming back to me so promptly. I can confirm this is definitely not a hdmi connection, Samsung for it's 4kuhd TVs has a dedicated 'one connect' cable to it its evolution box. It is this that I need to replace. Hdmi cables from other equipment(Bly Ray, Sky Tv etc) connects via hdmi to the evolution box and then the specific 'one connect cable' is a single connection to the tv.Any ideas?Thanks
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
HiThis is my evolution box, bottom of page in 'future ready' sectionhttp://www.currys.co.uk/gbuk/samsung-tv-technology-1888-commercial.htmlThanks
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Its called a Samsung One Connect Cable.
I believe I located one here
http://www.samsung-sparesby4oh.co.uk/one-connect-cable/product.pl?pid=4805171
As there non existent to find, but call them on 0844(###) ###-####first to confirm they have it in stock and its for your actual model as their model lookup was not working, and then you can get them to deliver it.
Let me know the results please
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Richard,I actually ordered this cable from them last week and it arrived today. Unfortunately it is not the 'one connect' cable. It is in fact an avi cable for the evolution box as opposed to the one that connects the evolution box to the back of the tv.Any other ideas?Thanks
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
ok, they are selling it as the one connect cable, which is the one you need, so there might have been a mix up. Did you call them on the number I gave?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes I had done earlier today and they sell the avi cable as the one connect. Really disappointing
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
ok, only option left as It is no where online is to check with samsung directly on 0330 726 7864 if they sell it or know of a reseller.

Let me know the results please