Richard, Engineer
Experience:  Electronics Engineer
32989067

Have a 40AV700E that was operating via a box. Now

Customer Question

Have a TOSHIBA 40AV700E that was operating via a Virgin box. Now moved to another flat. attached an aerial into the correct place, switched on the TV and only a blue screen displays. Pressed input selector and chose TV. executed Auto Scan for Channel, nothing found and system reverted to manual. tried many options including 00 I (UK option) and worked up and down to search for a channel, nothing found. The smaller TV this one is replacing operates fine on the aerial, but this TV will not..

Category: Electronics
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.
Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.
I want to make sure the Tuner has not faulted.
If you plug it into a different Aerial point then the one you are using, can it find channels there?
Please let me know.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Richard, thank you for looking at my problem. I transferred the TV to my mother's home then had the problem. After sending you my problem and returning to my home, my mother asked her neighbour to help. He later bought a TV Box for my mother and routed the aerial / signal through that. Result the TV is now working fine. So no more help required. Regards, Ron
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Good to hear Ron.

If you would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

And if you can take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the screen then submit, that would be greatly appreciated.