Richard, Engineer
Experience:  Electronics Engineer
32989067

We are currently on holiday and there is a large flat

Hi we are currently on holiday and there is a large flat screen Toshiba TV up on he wall. It has a DVD attachment and I disconnected this, with permission from the manager of the holiday let. The idea being that I was going to connect a HDMI lead from my computer to the TV to play Netflix. However, we decided seeing as though I got tuck connecting it we would revert back to the TV. Upon reconnecting the DVD player in to the back of the TV, the TV has failed to work ever since.

Category: Electronics
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.
Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.
When you say the TV fails to work, you mean it will not even turn on?
Or what do you mean with this please?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

No It will not turn on using the remote control. The screen is completely flat and there are no buttons to press either.

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Can you remove the power to the TV and wait 10 minutes
Connect the power and tell me if it now functions correctly please
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Yes I have done that. However, the DVD which is connected to the back of the TV is still Lit up, even though I have pulled the plug out of the wall for the TV?

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
It will have its own power source, but should not be needed to be turned off.
But it has not been 110 minutes yet, and I want to wait the full 10 minutes.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

OK. Did you mean 110 minutes or 10. You mentioned both in your reply.

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
sorry, 10 minutes, the second time I typed it it was a typo
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Thanks will try.

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
thank you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Still no TV. It works via the internet so we switched it off for ten minutes as you suggested. No response, no standby light, no link up with the remote either.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Hi Joy
If there is still no stanby light or any response at all, then It is the internal powerboard that has faulted.
We have ruled out all other causes for this.
I am really sorry about this and you are going to have to return the TV to have this replaced. It will be covered by the warranty if this has not expired, and the replacement will be done at no cost to you.
I am really sorry about this, and if you have problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.
And if you can take a second to rate my service, that would be greatly appreciated.