Richard, Engineer
Experience:  Electronics Engineer
32989067

I have a Samsung UE40ES5500 TV and the picture has disappeared,

I have a Samsung UE40ES5500 TV and the picture has disappeared, I still have sound. Can this problem be fixed.
Julie
Category: Electronics
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.
Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.
As the first step Julie, can you unplug the TV from the power socket and wait 10 minutes.
Then connect the power to the power socket, turn on the TV and tell me if you now get a picture please.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Still sound and no picture
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It was already unplugged
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Thanks, ***** ***** the issue
It is the back light that has faulted which is why you still hear the sound
I am really sorry about this and you are going to have to return the TV to have this replaced. It will be covered by the warranty if this has not expired, and the replacement will be done at no cost to you.
I am really sorry about this, and if you have problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.
And if you can take a second to rate my service, that would be greatly appreciated.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thankyou