Richard, Engineer
Experience:  Electronics Engineer
32989067

Panasonic DMC-T230 camera: 'System Error (zoom)' prevents

Panasonic DMC-T230 camera: 'System Error (zoom)' prevents functioning
Category: Electronics
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.
Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.
Can you remove the battery from the phone and wait 10 minutes
While waiting, hold the shutter button down for 60 seconds then release.
Put the battery back in, turn it on and tell me if it now starts please
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
The camera started before and now, but the 'System Error (zoom)' prevents the taking of a picture.
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Ok, are the lens extended, or retracted?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Retracted
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Ok, can you power it off again and then put it on something that vibrates, such as an electric razor.
Then power it on, and if it errors, off again and repeat 5 times.
This will try to unstick the gearing or anything jamming the gears to allow it to move again, which can be a issue that causes this.
Let me know the results please
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
The system error (zoom) persists when the camera is set to take a picture. An instruction to turn off the camera and turn on again also sometimes turns up. When in the picture-taking mode, there if no picture to take and the zoom does not work.
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Thanks It is the internal drive motor or mainboard that has faulted. Whilst the lens is retracted it will not function.I am really sorry about this and you are going to have to return the camera to have this replaced. It will be covered by the warranty if this has not expired, and the replacement will be done at no cost to you. I am really sorry about this, and if you have problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know. And if you can take a second to rate my service, that would be greatly appreciated. Thank you
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your service.
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Your most welcome, if you need anything else, please let me know