*ElectronicsTech
*ElectronicsTech, Customer Service
Experience:  I have over 15 years experience as an electronics repair and troubleshooting technician.
62741268

I wish to use my BT Youview remote to control my new Panasonic

Customer Question

I wish to use my BT Youview remote to control my new Panasonic TV Model TX-40CX400B
Can you pleases give me the 4 digit code to enter. (The one BT give (3846) doesn't work)
Bryan
Category: Electronics
Expert:  *ElectronicsTech replied 1 year ago.
Hi,My name is ***** ***** certified professional with over 10 years experience. I will be glad to assist you with this. I am sorry to hear that you are having this issue. Try code 0051 please and let me know if it does not work. Please let me know if you need any other assistance.Please take a moment to rate my service positively by clicking one of the stars at the top of the screen then click on submit.Thank you very much!
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Randy
I'm afraid 0051 doesn't work either - ? any other ideas
Best wishes
Bryan
okay, you will need to try each of these codes until you get to the right one>0000 0645 0187 0657 0005 0011 0109 0669 0670 0222 0050 1271 0688 0768 0079 0102 0110 0111 0198 0251 0325 0342 0453Press and hold the Vol- and Mute buttons on your remote control for about five seconds until the blue light flashes three timesLet go of the buttons and enter the four-digit code for your TVIf you entered a correct code, the blue light on your remote will flash three times. If you entered the wrong code, please repeat the steps above using one of the other codes for your TVOnce you've entered a correct code, test the remote control by trying to change the volume and pressing the mute button. If the buttons don't work properly, start again by repeating the steps above using one of the other codes for your TVYour YouView remote control should now operate your TV, and you don't need to take these steps againUsing your remote control after you've programmed it:To turn the TV on or off, hold down the button while pressing the On/Offbutton on the remoteTo change volume, or turn off the sound, you don't need to hold down the buttonTo change channels on the TV, hold down the button whilst pressing theCh+/- button
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
On the youview remote I have, I need to depress the TV on/off and TV/AV buttons until it flashes 3 times and then enter the 4 digit code. Then press TV on/off until it turns off
- and try different numbers until this works.
None of the numbers you've provided works.
If this can't be resolved, I'll need to settle for using the 2 remotes, one to turn the TV on/off, the other to access Youview functions. Bryan
okay,try a reset of the remote please. Then try the 3846 code again> Press and hold the AD, SUB and BT Player buttons at the same time for five secondsThe blue light will flash three times. Release the buttons and the light will blink three times again
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I've tried resetting the remote several times using this procedure (as outlined on the bt help site) but it hasn't worked.
I've just tried again, but to no avail.
Bryan
okay, I will check on this further for you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I look forward to hearing from you
Bryan
Ok