Richard, Engineer
Experience:  Electronics Engineer
32989067

I installed me new Kguard Aurora 4 camera system yesterday

I installed me new Kguard Aurora 4 camera system yesterday and followed the set up instructions but got a persistent alarm note and 'disk error' message when I switched it on. I can view all cameras but when I go to playback there is nothing there, just a message saying 'searching'. Any suggestions or should I return the unit as faulty?
Colin
Category: Electronics
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.
Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.
Sorry Colin but you got a faulty hard drive in the device. It uses this for recording and playback, which is why you can see the cameras but not playback.
I am really sorry about this and you are going to have to return the unit to have the hard drive replaced. It will be covered by the warranty if this has not expired, and the replacement will be done at no cost to you.
I am really sorry about this, and if you have problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.
And if you can take a second to rate my service, that would be greatly appreciated.