Richard, Engineer
Experience:  Electronics Engineer
32989067

My Samsung c3050 keys have stopped responding. I have managed

my Samsung c3050 keys have stopped responding. I have managed to retrieve my phonebook by using it's software but can't access texts that I protected so I could keep them. They are texts from my niece who passed away so I am keen to get them off the phone.
Category: Electronics
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.
Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.
You protected the text via the security on the phone correct?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

yes there was an option in the messages to protect so I couldn't delete by mistake

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
ok, then via this software you cannot access them as its locked and needs to be done via the phone itself.But, did you set the phone to record the Text to the SIM card, or you left it as default (which is to the phone)?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

to the phone I think. How could I tell if it's on the sim?

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Ok, the only way is to put the SIM card into another phone and it will display the messages there.
If its on the SIM you can still get them, but not if its on the phone itself.
Do you have another phone there Vic?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

yes I bought a sim free phone at the w.end. No old text are showing.

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
ok, sorry Vic but its not going to be possible, as they are on the phone and the whole reason for the security is to stop the access.If they were on the SIM you could then get the messages, but in this state without the keyboard working, it is not going to be possible sorry.I am sorry about this and if you would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.And if you can take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the screen then submit, that would be greatly appreciated.Thank you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

would it be possible to repair the phone and if so would the messages still be there?

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
You can, but the act of repairing it involves replacing the mainboard which houses the memory. So while it would work again, you would lose all your data sorry.It is also costly to do, and in this situation, I advise against it as it will not get the data back and it will in the long run cost more then a new replacement phone.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Your welcome
If you need anything else please let me know
And please remember to rate my service via one of the stars or smiley faces then submit.