Richard, Engineer
Experience:  Electronics Engineer
32989067

Perfect picture, no sound. Cables and remote controls checked,

Perfect picture, no sound. Cables and remote controls checked, YouViewbox turned on and off.
Category: Electronics
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.
Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.
Is it just via the Youview box you get no sound? Or nothing provides sound on the TV?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I rely on the Youview Box as everything goes through it. It's hooked up through the electric circuit to the BT Hub 5 by the phone.
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
ok, can you remove the power to the Youview and the TV (so unplug the power cables from the wall sockets)
Then wait 10 minutes, then connect the youview and power it on then connect the TV, turn it on and tell me please if you now get sound.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I could disconnect the Youview Box, I suppose and rely on Panasonic technology and do without BT tv???
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Just as a test, to see whats causing the problem so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I've waited 10 minutes and done what you said and the sound is back.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
your most welcome!
It was the firmware that had an issue, and needed a hard restart. We did this just then. It will now be ok.
If you would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.
And if you can take a second to rate my service, that would be greatly appreciated.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you. Will rate. Puzzled about what 'firmware' means, though.