Richard, Engineer
Experience:  Electronics Engineer
32989067

I bought a dream box last February and it wants resetting could

I bought a dream box last February and it wants resetting could you do it. thanks
Category: Electronics
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.
Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.
To do this, on it go to menu > 6 > expert setup > factory reset
Run it and the reset is complete.
Let me know the results please
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

it wont even switch on now as its keeps saying its closing down

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Ok, remove the power to it and let it sit for 10 minutes. So remove the power to the power cable
Then connect the power, turn it on and tell me if it now allows you to please Joan
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

now switched on and its saying please wait booting, but its in Dutch

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Ok, let me know when its started
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

It will probably take hours as I tried it yesterday.Im 70yrs old so please don't make it technical as Im not much good with gadgets

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
No problem Joan, but you mean it takes hours to load?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

yes, there should be cog wheels going round in the top left hand corner but even they aren't on

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
It is the internal memory that has faulted.
A corrupted firmware can cause this. But we have ruled this out by trying to reinstall it.
I am really sorry about this and you are going to have to return the unit to have it replaced. It will be covered by the warranty if this has not expired, and the replacement will be done at no cost to you.
I am really sorry about this, and if you have problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.
And if you can take a second to rate my service, that would be greatly appreciated.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

the shop I had it from doesn't want to know. oh well. Do I have to still pay each month , thanks anyway joan

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Until the contract with them runs out Joan, but they need to rpeace it under warranty, they are obligated to