Richard, Engineer
Experience:  Electronics Engineer
32989067

Gentlemen, have a KX TGA850E Panasonic phone. Since yesterday

Customer Question

Gentlemen,
have a KX TGA850E Panasonic phone. Since yesterday it show "check telephon line". Have plugged on/off as recommended. No succes or change. Internet - which comes in via BT same cable and is connected to Router via a "Splitter" works fine. Do you have any idea what I can do in addition ? BT line check online performed. Shows no issues.....
Appreciate help.
Kind Regards
HS
Category: Electronics
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Hi there and welcome
It can be the actual connecting line itself that is faulting (usually around the plug)
Can you please replace the telephone cable connecting the phone to the outlet and tell me if it then connects correctly.
Let me know the results please
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Done - unfortunately no change...... still "Check Phone Line" message on display
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
ThanksCan you remove the power to the base and the batteries from the phone and let it sit for 10 minutes.Then connect the batteries and power it on and tell me if it then connects please.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Unfortunately unchanged. Only date/time to be adjusted message on display. all other unchanged
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Ok, its pointing to a fault with the phone port on the base, to confirm this, if you plug another phone into the same line, does it get a connection?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have only the 2 Panasonic - one in hall and one in bed room upstairs - both show same message. Have no second phone set
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Whats the make and model of the device they are plugging into?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
not sure that I understand right - splitter is from BT (router and phone and assume BT standard) Phones are Panasonic KX TGA 850 E
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
The router, whats the make and model of it please as there are many types
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Router is from BT without special brand name - BT HUB 5=QG59 - Internet connection works fine
Box where splitter is plugged in is "Openreach"
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
On the back of the router is a reset button, using a paperclip hold the button in for 10 seconds then release.

Then wait 5 minutes and tell me if the phones now come online please