Richard, Engineer
Experience:  Electronics Engineer
32989067

Asus k55a laptop stuck on first screen i may have uninstalled

asus k55a laptop stuck on first screen
i may have uninstalled the thing that loads the internet
Category: Electronics
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.
Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.
Can you remove the power cable and then hold the power button for 60 seconds then release.
Then connect the power cable, turn on the Asus and tell me please if it now starts correctly.
Let me know the results please
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
it says - your pc needs to be repaired
the boot configuration data file is missing some required information
etc
and then switched itself off!
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
ok, which version of windows is it running?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
8
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Power it off.
Then hold the LEFT Shift and with it held down, start the computer and keep tapping F8 until you get to a menu.
Tell me if you can get to this menu (if not at first try a few times please)
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
nope...tried 5 times and it just keeps giving me the same message. there is an error code and it says you'll need to use recovery tools, then something about installation media (disc or usb device)
then switches itself off
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Power it off, power it on and keep tapping F9 till you get to the recovery manager.
Tell me if you can get to this please.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
got a window symbol and 'please wait' with the spinning dots...then just a blank blue screen
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Ok, hold power for 60 seconds with the power cable disconnected.
Then connect the power cable and try again please.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
same thing happened
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Thanks It is the internal hard drive that has faulted. Can be a software or hardware fault but you will need a windows disk and attempt a reinstallation of windows in order to confirm this. I am really sorry about this and you are going to have to return the computer to have this done. It will be covered by the warranty if this has not expired, and the replacement will be done at no cost to you. In my experience this is a hardware failure of the hard drive and they will likely replace this. I am really sorry about this, and if you have problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know. And if you can take a second to rate my service, that would be greatly appreciated. Thank you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Just a quick question:
I can't find the original disc I got with the computer - would that be the disc you mean?
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
They do not supply them anymore, its on the hard drive which is the procedure with f9 and why it leads to a faulty hard drive.
The shop though does have a master disk to reinstall.
Richard, Engineer
Experience: Electronics Engineer
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
ah ok thanks