Richard, Engineer
Experience:  Electronics Engineer
32989067

I have replaced all colours on my printer but it will not print

Customer Question

I have replaced all colours on my printer but it will not print in black and white
Category: Electronics
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.
Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.
Can you tell me the make and model of the printer please?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Epson sx600fw

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Thanks Alan
As the first step, can you remove the power to the printer (unplug it from the power socket) then wait 10 minutes.
Then connect the power and try to print to it.
Tell me if it then prints correctly please.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

the printer does nothing in b/w mode ,paper just goes straight through. I also did a print check and the page came out blank

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Are you on a windows or mac computer Alan?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

windows

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Go to Devices and Printers.
Right click on the printer and select printer properties.
Then check for the maintenance Tab and perform a Nozzle Clean and print alignment in that order.
Let it complete and tell me if it now prints please.
I can also do these steps for you, and have made a request via Additional Services. This is optional, and if you choose to do this, I can, with your permission, remote into your computer while you watch and do all these steps (and deal with any problems that arise during them) for you. Or if you do not choose to take this service, we can continue here. This is no problem at all. Just let me know please.
Else let me know the results please
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

none of these answers worked

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Thanks, it confirms the problem

It is the Print head in the printer that has faulted.

I am really sorry about this Alan but you are going to have to return the printer to have this replaced. It will be covered by the warranty if this has not expired, and the replacement will be done at no cost to you.

I am really sorry about this, and if you have problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.