nathan_mills
nathan_mills, Customer Service
Experience:  Efficient Technician with more than 30 years of Experience.
76814648

I wish to install software connecting my Acer laptop to my

Customer Question

I wish to install software connecting my Acer laptop to my Brother printer MFC-297C
Category: Electronics
Expert:  nathan_mills replied 1 year ago.
Hi. Welcome to justanswer.CLICK HERE and select your operating system. Choose Full Driver and Package. Follow the directions to download the drivers. A file will get downloaded. Install it on your system and you are ready to go. If you face any issue then reply, I will assist you further.Please rate the chat POSITIVELY so that I can receive my payment. Thanks
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I found the page you refer to before contacting you. I don't see how to

proceed thereafter. Can you advise, please?

Ok. I will guide you step by step.Just tell me what operating system is being used by you. And is it 32-bit or 64?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I loaded Windows 8.1 32 bit programme about two months ago. Since then I've also upgraded to Windows 11.

I hope this is helpful.

DM

I guess you meant Windows 10.Actually Brother Solutions have not yet released any software for Windows 10 yet. So there is no driver available for it yet. I would suggest you to wait till it releases a compatible driver for your respective printer. The driver software is available for the versions up to Windows 8 yet.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Thanks. ***** reload Windows 8.1 and then get software for that?

Yes you can downgrade to windows 8. And once you are done you can easily install the software for this printer.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Good news. Will reinserting the Windows 8.1 CD do that?

If so, can I do this and report back about how to download the Brother

software?

You don't need to re-insert Cd and format your computer. There is an option available to rollback to previous version of Windows.To access this, open the Start menu and select Settings. Click the “Update & security” icon and select “Recovery.”You should see a “Go back to Windows 8.1” option. Click the Get started button to get rid of your Windows 10 install and restore your previous Windows install. Microsoft will ask you why you want to go back.I am attaching image to help you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

You are being very patient and I appreciate this.

It is more than a month since I upgraded to Windows 10, so

the programme won't deliver what you describe.

How should I continue?

Then reinsert windows 8 CD and check if you are able to install Windows 8 on your computer system. Solving your problem is my main motto. Reply with the progress.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for your continued attention.

I have to leave the programme now. I hope to return to it tomorrow

morning.

I hope this doesn't inconvenience you unduly.

Just reply in time so that the question doesn't get timed out. Because then I will not get my share for helping you. Thanks.
nathan_mills, Customer Service
Experience: Efficient Technician with more than 30 years of Experience.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Nathan

We seem to be getting nowhere. I accept that my expertise is limited, but rather than protract our work, I'm happy to commend you helpful

replies, even though it hasn't solved the problem. So I hope you have

received your fee - I've authorised that.

Good wishes

DM

Thanks DM for the rating. I came to know from Microsoft that Brother's drivers for Windows 8.1 are also compatible with Windows 10. You can give this a shot.If you have Windows 10 32 bit, then CLICK HEREorIf you have Windows 10 32 bit, then CLICK HEREA .exe file will get downloaded. Once the download is complete. Open that file and follow the instructions and install it on your computer. This will load the software for your printer and you can easily use it. I hope this will work. Fingers crossed.