Richard, Engineer
Experience:  Electronics Engineer
32989067

My dmr-ex75eb d v d recorder is showing up u 81 fault

Category: Electronics
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.
Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.
As the first step as it was not clear if you did this, can you remove the power to the unit and wait 10 minutes (so unplug it from the power socket)
Then after 10 minutes, connect the power, turn it on and tell me if it now starts please.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Didn't work same as before

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Thanks George.
Then the issue is confirmed, on the circuit board C1530 (a 100uF, 25V electrolytic capacitor) has blown and needs replaced.
Its this or the IC1508 voltage converter and both need to be replaced.
I am really sorry about this and you are going to have to return the player to have it replaced. It will be covered by the warranty if this has not expired, and the replacement will be done at no cost to you. If the warranty has expired and you are able to solder electronics, you can get these two devices from an electrical store and replace these yourselves to get it working.
I am really sorry about this, and if you have problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.
And if you can take a second to rate my service, that would be greatly appreciated.