Richard, Engineer
Experience:  Electronics Engineer
32989067

I have a Panasonic dvd/Blu-ray player model SA-BT230. The

Hi. I have a Panasonic dvd/Blu-ray player model SA-BT230. The machine comes on but switches itself off after about 30 seconds.
Category: Electronics
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.
Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.
There are only two causes for this. Either residue power or a capacitor on the circuit board is shorting out.
By leaving it unplugged from the mains overnight, you have ruled this out, which confirms the issue as a blown capacitor (or voltage regulator in a rare circumstance)
I am really sorry about this and you are going to have to return the player to have it replaced. will be covered by the warranty if this has not expired, and the replacement will be done at no cost to you.
I am really sorry about this, and if you have problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.
And if you can take a second to rate my service, that would be greatly appreciated.