Richard, Engineer
Experience:  Electronics Engineer
32989067

I have a Panasonic DVD Recorder Model ES30V I want to record

I have a Panasonic DVD Recorder Model ES30V
I want to record from my TV Samsung Model UE40EH500K onto DVD disk in my recorder.
I get a signal that my TV is not suitable for this purpose.
What steps should I take to record programmes from my TV onto a disk in my Recorder?
Category: Electronics
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.
Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.
Your not using the correct record button
You do not use the directTV record button, but just the record button on the remote.
This will then allow you to record.
Let me know how you go please
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
sorry. It didn't work.
the machine appears to record but when i stop and push"play" I get a gey screen. nothing appears to have been recorded on the disk.
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
can you put a new blank DVD in it please and then try to record again.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
i have put a new Memorex DVD RW dvd disk
the result was a request to format the disk. I formated the disc and pushed a "Rec" button. response: " copying of this material is not allowed. cannot record!. I repewated with a number of identical discs with same result
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
yes, thats because your recording from a protected source, eg: Sky, this you cannot get around, you only can record from Free to Air
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
am recording from BBC1. I don't have sky. I only have "free" channels
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
If it says copying of this material is not allowed then you are trying to record something that is protected (illegal to be copied) if your getting this messsge, the content you are trying to record cannot be recorded sorry.
Its why the station is sending the device this message.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
does that mean that I canoont record anything from the TV on this machine?
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
when it gives this message then no sorry, as its protected content.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Although I am not able to achieve my initial aim to record from my TV,I regard Richard's service as being very goog and helpfull and agree that the fee for his serice in the value of £20.00 should be charged to my credit card account.
Eugene Krajewski