nathan_mills
nathan_mills, Customer Service
Experience:  Efficient Technician with more than 30 years of Experience.
76814648

I have bought a cheap 7" Android tablet to use

Hi, I have bought a cheap 7" Android tablet to use for nav in the car. It keep telling me internal storage is running out although I have only loaded 4 apps onto it. the storage screen shows 2 lots of phone storage. The top one is totally full it seems
but when I look at the list of apps there is nothing LIKE 1.1Gb on there. I cannot find any media files (and have created/downloaded no media). There's a long list of apps in 'ALL' but most of them are tiny. the question is WHAT is filling it up and how do
I find and delete it.
Category: Electronics
Expert:  nathan_mills replied 1 year ago.
Hi. Welcome to justanswer.The message is appearing because the internal memory is almost full. It happens because the internal storage is limited and all the temporary data and cookies are stored in it.Go to settings- Apps. Check each app and see if the option is there to move to sd card. (There is an app called CLEAN MASTERlso install it. It will transfer the apps that are movable to sd card in batches). Also clear the Cache data of each app. Delete messages stored in your phone. If still the memory is full then go to the same list of apps and select the apps that are from Google like Google Play store and Google Maps and click Uninstall updates.Uninstall the apps that you do not use. These steps will clear the some amount of data.Please rate the chat POSITIVELY so that I can receive my payments. Thanks.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
OK but there problem is that the apps shown are nothing LIKE 1Gb. I need to find out what is actually taking up the space I cant install CLEAN MASTER as it wont even save a screen shot the memory is so full. I'm trying to find somewhere that will show me ALL the files on the device in size order so I can see what is actually hogging the space but there doesn't seem to be anything. I have File Manager but when I open this is show one file called phone storage that has 4.89 available out of 4.9 Gb. If you really want i can photograph the screens showing all the apps and their size but trust me its small. It is NOT what is hogging the space.
I have tried hook this up to my laptop. I get the ballon pop up saying 'device installed' but when I open 'computer' there's nothing there.
If you think there is a bug that is filling the memory then i would advice you to backup your data and do a FACTORY RESET. This will clean all the internal storage and by that you will be able to free up memory.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
OK. worked at second attempt. thx
Please rate the chat POSITIVELY if you are satisfied with the service so that I can receive my payments. Thanks.