Richard, Engineer
Experience:  Electronics Engineer
32989067

Got your model 10+ BBC Children in Need job. neither the on/off

Got your model 10+ BBC Children in Need job. neither the on/off button nor the bloody remote work. Of course, have changed the battery.
Category: Electronics
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.
Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.
Can you remove the power to the unit then hold the power button and with it held, connect the power to the unit and tell me if it now comes on please.
Let me know the results please
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Feel like a complete ninny. That works with the button on the radio. What about the remote not working?

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Try changing the batteries again to make sure your using new batteries that do have power.
Does it then work Mary?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

This is the second new battery I have put in. No joy

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
It is the remotes control board that has faulted.
I am really sorry about this and you are going to have to return the remote to have it replaced. It will be covered by the warranty if this has not expired, and the replacement will be done at no cost to you.
I am really sorry about this, and if you have problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.
And if you can take a second to rate my service, that would be greatly appreciated.