Richard, Engineer
Experience:  Electronics Engineer
32989067

The sound on my Samsung LED EH5000 TV disappeared a couple

The sound on my Samsung LED EH5000 TV disappeared a couple of days ago. The picture is perfect, just no sound on any channel. Obviously, I have checked the "Mute" button, etc., and checked all the wires are properly connected, but still no sound. What else can I do to restore it?
Category: Electronics
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.
Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.
If you connect headphones to the TV, do you then head sound via these?
Please let me know
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No, I have never used headphones
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
ok, but I need to clarify please, No meaning no sound from the TV via headphones? Or No you have not or will not test this?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I do not possess any headphones. There is no sound from my TV at all, just the picture.
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
ok, it would quickly tell us if its the speakers that have failed or something else.
Can you remove the power to the TV by disconnecting it from the power socket.
Then wait 10 minutes.
Connect the power to the TV, turn it on and tell me if the sound returns please.
Let me know the results please
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hooray! I unplugged the TV as you requested and after 10 minutes I plugged it in again and turned it on and - guess what - it's back to normal, with SOUND ! Why did that do the trick? I'm very relieved, though, so thank you so much.
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
It was residue power that had built up causing the issue, this removes it/
It will be ok now.
If you would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.
Else if you can take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the screen then submit, that would be greatly appreciated.