ricke1973
ricke1973, Customer Service
Experience:  repaired major tv of all brands,,
10191312

No sound from my HDMI Ports which are connected to a

Customer Question

No sound from my HDMI Ports which are connected to a Virgin media Tivo box
Category: Electronics
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Samsung TV LE37D5820 attached to a TIVO box. The tv has 4 HDMI ports two at the back and two on the side. These are recognised on the tv remote under Source. There is a picture present but no audio is coming from the tv
Expert:  ricke1973 replied 1 year ago.
hello has it always been this way?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No it was working perfectly well up until this Sunday. Virgin Media came out
and changed a Tivo box that was dysfunctional. It was the Virgin Media engineer that discovered the fault. He tested my HDMI leads on another television and they worked. So it is not the HDMI cables nor is it the Tivo box that is the issue
Expert:  ricke1973 replied 1 year ago.
ok this is a problem with the Digital board, also known as the main board, this does happen often, check all ports to see if any work, if not you will need another main board if you need help on finding one please let me know.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Which is the cheaper option a new tv or a replacement main board. As the tv is no longer under warranty/guarantee
Expert:  ricke1973 replied 1 year ago.
Main board is the cheaper option and you can replace on your own, well Good luck in your repairs and any further help needed don't hesitate to ask
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Where would I obtain a main board from? Is it Samsung or another provider eg online or main street supplier. Is it a matter of opening the back of the tv and replacing the main board?. Or some much easier way .I am not a technical person so this will be a new skill for me to master
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sorry one other question . What is the average cost of a main board?. The tv is a 37 inch tv . Thank you
Expert:  ricke1973 replied 1 year ago.
sorry it took me so long because I'm away from my computer trying to use this telephone lol well the easiest thing to do is to open the unit up get the part number off the main board and google it. if you have problems with that I will definitely send a link when I get home to my computer thanks and good luck
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi sorry i have just arrived home from work. I will open up the panel and have a look at the weekend. A link to a website would be greatly appreciated.
Expert:  ricke1973 replied 1 year ago.
I'm sorry it didn't work, I think its because you have mistaken the model number, ok what you must do is look at the back of the tv, type in this model number along with Main board, example [ LE37D5820 main board] there you should have plenty of stores or even Ebay that should have your board. ok I think were done now good luck in your repairs, and please leave a positive rating, if you do have questions just ask.
Expert:  ricke1973 replied 1 year ago.
thnx and good luck