p0llinate
p0llinate, Custom Installer
Experience:  Custom home theater installer. Authorized dealer top brands
59725966

Is it possible to connect a subwoofer to a Technics SU 7200

Customer Question

Is it possible to connect a subwoofer to a Technics SU 7200 amplifier?
Category: Electronics
Expert:  p0llinate replied 1 year ago.
Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today. My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority. Sorry to hear you’re having trouble. You certainly can use a sub, but not directly interfaced.The unit is not designed to drive a sub directly and has no LFE or line level sub output.What you'd need to do is to use a powered/active sub that has speaker level inputs. So you'd run the front left/right speaker output wires from the technics to the inputs of the sub, then out from the sub in the same manner to the speakers.The crossover controls on the sub will ultimately dictate what is played through the sub and what is sent on to the main speakers.
Expert:  p0llinate replied 1 year ago.
If you have any other questions, just let me know. Otherwise, please do remember to rate my service prior to logging off, hopefully I have earned an “excellent”. I also invite you to contact me directly with any future support needs at http://bit.ly/1e81djv Thank you, ***** ***** a good day,Nathan