Pete
Pete, Engineer
Experience:  Over 16 years of experience in the Electronics and IT industries.
30970729

I have a Galaxy S6 Edge purchased 10 Oct 2015. I have 2 issues

I have a Galaxy S6 Edge purchased 10 Oct 2015. I have 2 issues i hope you can help with?
1. Screen auto rotate keeps dropping off requiring me to select it again - annoying!
2. Email does no sync unless I draw the screen down - I have looked around the internet - this indicates I should tick the 'Auto' sync as I did on my S5 which worked perfectly. however, on the S6 Edge my choices are manual or every 15 minutes - where do i find the Auto setting? This is very annoying indeed.....
Can you help?
Mark
Category: Electronics
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.
Hi Mark, The screen auto rotate bug is known, and Samsung are working on a fix:http://www.computerworld.com/article/2912367/smartphones/samsung-confirms-screen-rotation-problem-with-some-galaxy-s6-edge-phones.html Go to Settings>Data Usage>Menu>Auto Sync Data and turn it on.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Pete,
Thanks for your reply - i found your solution to the sync issue online. my problem is: when I follow your instructions and get on to the Data Usage page I cannot find the Menu button and therefore cannot proceed. On the Data Usage page all i have is a 'More' button on top right corner. this gives me access to Restrict Background Data, Hide WiFi usage and Restrict networks.
Under the mail settings the minimum syc time i can see is 15 mins, I cannot find anywhere the option to Auto Sync.
I have found on the internet others suffering the same issue within in 12 days of purchase - they ended up getting an exchange. Is there a batch of phones with this glitch i can check the IMEI number against??