Viet - Technician
Viet - Technician, Technician
Experience:  Electronics Tech. Troubleshoot consumer electronics devices.
30037186

I (stupidly) changed from windows7 to windows 10 and my microphone

I (stupidly) changed from windows7 to windows 10 and my microphone now fails the sound test provided by skype though it worked fine before. My daughter who can see me on skype cannot hear me though I can see and hear her. I understand that it could be affected by Mozilla Firefox. If it is how do I switch off the firefox please? What else should I try?
Dr Michael Essex-Lopresti ***@******.***
Category: Electronics
Expert:  Viet - Technician replied 2 years ago.
Hi,I'm sorry about the issue. Does Skype detect the microphone or not?What's the model of your computer?When did you upgrade to Windows 10?Can we do a remote support session, so I can troubleshoot the issue directly on your computer together with you?Please reply at the box below. Thank you
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
1. I do the sound test and my trial recording fails and skype puts up a failure note
2 I have a Dell laptop Inspiron 15R
3.I downloaded windows 10 when offered about a month ago.
I would be happy with a remote session
Thank you. Please accept the remote support offer, then please click on the website below in order to connect with me remotely:http://www.justanswer.com/remotedesktop/join.aspx?Session=ed74befe-1589-462a-bc4c-741cc01390ca, then allow the Elsinore.ScreenConnect program to download/run/open when prompted at the bottom.Note: If it does not connect within 5 minutes, then please reply at the box below and let me know. Thank you,
I have resolved the issue via remote support. If you need help with anything else, please come back any time. Thank you very much.
I have resolved the issue via remote support. Summary: the correct microphone must be selected in the Audio settings in Skype options, which is the Internal Mic. I've set it correctly for you, so it should work from now on. If there is any issue, please let me know any time. Thank you very much.