Viet - Technician
Viet - Technician, Technician
Experience:  Electronics Tech. Troubleshoot consumer electronics devices.
30037186

Have just bought an ASUS laptop and it was working fine and

Customer Question

Have just bought an ASUS laptop and it was working fine and I succeeded in getting it to accept my gmailaddress. however as there was a free windows10 I attempted to download this and it carried on downloading windows updates for several hours while asking not to be shut down. I had to leave it running through the night until it stopped downloading and produced the backdrop colours but nothing else and if I press escape I get the offer of putting in an Outlook password ***** it will not accept any letters and there is an icon in the corner frozen in the 3 quarters completed position.
Category: Electronics
Expert:  Viet - Technician replied 1 year ago.
Hi,I'm sorry about the issue. What email do you use, such as Hotmail, Yahoo, Gmail, AOL, etc.? Is the issue with your email password? Or the laptop's login password?Please reply at the box below. Thank you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The laptop login password
Does it show a name or a username at the password ***** login screen?Does it show an email address at the password ***** login screen? If yes, do you recognize that email address? If yes, are you currently able to access that email address?Is it okay to reset the laptop fresh, so you can re-set it up fresh, like brand-new, with a new password ***** want?Please reply at the box below to continue troubleshooting. Thank you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It shows the outlook email address but won' t accept the password ***** no option to change the password
Whose outlook email address is that? Is it yours or someone's else? Please reply at the box below. Thank you.
Solution #1:- On a working computer or tablet or smartphone, please reset the Microsoft account password ***** that Outlook email address at the website below:https://account.live.com/ResetPassword.aspx, then try it on the Asus laptop. (Password ***** *****)Solution #2:- If that does not work, or you can just reset the Asus laptop with the following steps:At the password ***** login screen, press and keep holding the Shift key on the keyboard.Click on the Power icon, then click on the option Restart while still holding the Shift key.When a menu appears, then you can release the Shift key.When prompted, click on the Troubleshoot option.Then select the option Reset PC, and continue.When prompted, select the option "Remove everything", and "Just remove files", then continue.Please reply at the box below to continue troubleshooting. Thank you.
Viet - Technician, Technician
Experience: Electronics Tech. Troubleshoot consumer electronics devices.
Have you tried either solution? Do you also have another windows or mac computer that is currently working? Please reply at the box below. Thank you.
It looks like you are not there. When you are available, please reply back to continue for a remote session for resetting the password. Or you can try the following fix:At the password ***** login screen on the Asus laptop, press and keep holding the Shift key on the keyboard.Click on the Power icon, then click on the option Restart while still holding the Shift key.(Note: the Power icon is located at the bottom right at the login screen on the Asus laptop.)When a menu appears, then you can release the Shift key.When prompted, click on the Troubleshoot option.Then select the option Reset PC, and continue.When prompted, select the option "Remove everything", and "Just remove files", then continue.If there is still any issue, please reply at the box below, so I can help further. Thank you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It is still frozen and will not allow the power button on the screen to do anything and the outlook password ***** ***** not accepted-I think that all the excessive download of windows updates has crashed the system and there must still be more to upload hence the 3quarter full frozen icon in left corner after running non stop for hours it would not allow me to stop and I obviously really need to remove that download of updates I didn't want
Sorry. Can you press and hold the Power on/off button on the computer for about 10 seconds, then it should power off the laptop. Then turn it back on and try the 5 steps above again. Please let me know. Thank you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have finally sorted it myself but thanks for the suggestions
Great. Did you reset the password ***** the website I've provided previously? Or did you do something else? But I'm glad you got it working now. Do you need help with anything else on your computer today? Thank you.
Or if you need help with anything else on the new laptop later on, please let me know any time. Thank you very much for your patience.