Richard, Engineer
Experience:  Electronics Engineer
32989067

Why cant I view my holiday photos straight from sd card plugged

why cant I view my holiday photos straight from sd card plugged into slot on tv.
Category: Electronics
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.
Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.
Can you tell me please the error you get when you try to view the photos.
And whats the make and model of the TV?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Panasonic TX L50DT65B . no error message just no response. photos copied to CDs by asda play on computer but not
through the tv. Photos saved to a stick the same. photo card the same and inserted straight into tv recognises the card but will not play. hope this makes sense. alan
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
ok, but are they photos or a film of photos you made Alan?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
my wife`s card is photos and some video clips of whale watching. my card is just photos. same problem with both play on computer not on tv. alan
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Thanks Alan
First, the card must not exceed 2GB else the TV cannot read it.
Can you confirm the card is 2GB or less in capacity please
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
the card is 32GB no typing error. did not want to run out of space in camera in USA. alan
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Thanks Alan, and thats why it will not work.
It is very limited and it will only work with cards 2GB or less sorry.
32GB is too big for it.
If you would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.
Else if you can take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the screen then submit, that would be greatly appreciated.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
but what about the stuff down loaded onto discs any idea why they will not play on the dvd through the tv. alan
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
That will be compatibility with the program used, it has to be an actual DVD movie made with the pictures, not just burning the files to disk.
How did you create the DVD?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
yes copied straight off the card to a stick with my pictures and the same with carols from the cards to disk at ASDA.
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
ok, you have to actually make a DVD from it Alan with a program such as Microsoft Movie Maker.
http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/get-movie-maker-download
Then you create an actual DVD that can play in DVD players.
This is why it is not working for you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
taken the DVDs to relatives and they play OK but will not play on ours?. ASDA say they are standed fomat and should play on any home device. alan
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
I do not know what system your relatives have Alan, I can only tell you on your device they need to be in the DVD format as a film as I listed out.Your relatives likely have a unit that can play individual photos, Mp3 ect.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
no they are blue ray and normal DVD players the same as ours. sorry Richard do not feel I have on really moved on, thanks for your perspective anyway I just need to solve the sony perspective. alan
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
actually Alan, this was an additional question as I answered the initial one.
"why cant I view my holiday photos straight from sd card plugged into slot on tv."
And as I stated, it will not accept cards over 2GB
Wit this disk question, they are not the same as yours else they would be playing the disks.... Yous needs to read actual DVD's
But of course I cannot force you to believe it.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
whatever Richard, photos copied to the card by asda and my copy to stick do translate to tv. thankyou...
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
An SD card is not a stick. So now you have changed to asking about a USB stick and not a SD card as you initially started.
For USB sticks, is up to 3TB
Uou can refer to page 130 of the manual here which states what I have been telling you
http://cdn.cnetcontent.com/94/f3/94f32100-b46d-432b-ae44-ca3cba1d0994.pdf
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
thankyou
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
your welcome