*ElectronicsTech
*ElectronicsTech, Customer Service
Experience:  I have over 15 years experience as an electronics repair and troubleshooting technician.
62741268

I have a DCP-J552DW. I am trying to replace ink cartridges

Customer Question

I have a DCP-J552DW.
I am trying to replace ink cartridges for the first time and the printer will not accept
the new cartridge.
What am I doing wrong ?
Category: Electronics
Expert:  *ElectronicsTech replied 2 years ago.

Hi, My name is***** will assist you. I am sorry to hear that you are having this issue, follow these steps please>

• After you Open the ink cartridge cover.

• Press the lock release lever as shown to release the cartridge color indicated on the machine's display. Remove the cartridge from the machine.

image
    image
  • Open the new ink cartridge bag for the color indicated on the machine's display, and then take out the ink cartridge.

• Turn the green release lever on the orange protective packing (1) counterclockwise until it clicks to release the vacuum seal. Then remove the orange protective packing as shown.

image

Do not touch the cartridge in the area indicated (2); this can prevent the machine from detecting the cartridge.

• Each color has its own correct position. Insert the ink cartridge in the direction of the arrow on the label.

image
  • Gently push the back of the ink cartridge marked "PUSH" until it latches, and then close the ink cartridge cover.

image
  • Verify the color of the replaced ink cartridge according to the instructions on the machine's display. The machine will automatically reset the ink dot counter.
  • If a replacement ink cartridge is not installed correctly, this problem may occur.

Follow the steps below to reinstall the ink cartridge:

1. Hold the ink cartridge vertically so that the label is toward the left side of the machine and insert the cartridge.

image
    2. Push the back of the ink cartridge marked "PUSH" until it clicks and the lock release lever lifts.

image

If it still has error let me know the number on your ink cartridges please?