Richard, Engineer
Experience:  Electronics Engineer
32989067

My LG 26LG30 TV menu keeps popping up blocking the screen,

My LG 26LG30 TV menu keeps popping up blocking the screen, How do I prevent this?
Category: Electronics
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.
Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.
Can you remove the batteries from the remote while the TV is on, and tell me if the menu still pops up?
I want to confirm its not the remote that's playing up and causing this.
Let me know please.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

The promlem is intermittent. I took the batteries out of the remote and it still happened I also replace the batteries with new ones.

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
And when you did the reset, did it reset the TV back to like when you first received it? So you had to set it up again?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Yes language time and country.

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
It is the internal memory that has faulted. The firmware is faulting and bringing up the menu and this is a sign of faulting memory. It can be a bad installation, but the factory reset rules this out.
I am really sorry about this and you are going to have to return the TV to have the mainboard that the memory sits on, replaced. It will be covered by the warranty if this has not expired, and the replacement will be done at no cost to you.
I am really sorry about this, and if you have problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.
And if you can take a second to rate my service, that would be greatly appreciated.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Ok Thank you.

That's a great help.

Bye

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Your welcomeIf you need anything else, please let me knowAnd please remember the service rating via one of the stars at the top of the screen and then submitThank you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

sorry I cant find the stars at the top?

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
ok, do you see smiley faces above this answer? Then click on of these then submit please.
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
let me know if you do not please