Richard, Engineer
Experience:  Electronics Engineer
32989067

Can I put tivo box in a drawer or cupboard? does it have

Hi, can I put tivo box in a drawer or cupboard? does it have to be seen for remote control?
have heard can get a lead/ cable to make remote connection and can hide box away, even remote control from another room. True/false? How can I do this? what do I need to enable?
Category: Electronics
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.
Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.
You can put it in a cupboard but then you need a special extension to make this work which you can get here
http://www.maplin.co.uk/p/nikkai-remote-control-ir-repeater-a37gw
Once end (the main block) sits outside the cupboard to receive the remote signal then you run the cable into the Tivo and stick it on the IR part to send the remote signal too it.
This then allows you to put the Tivo in a cupboard
If you would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.
Else if you can take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the screen then submit, that would be greatly appreciated.