Richard, Engineer
Experience:  Electronics Engineer
32989067

The lens on my camera will not stay open anymore and can only

the lens on my camera will not stay open anymore and can only close when plugged into the mains electricity supply i have charged the battery but it makes no difference.
Category: Electronics
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.
Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.
Can you please remove the battery and hold the shutter button down for 60 seconds then release.
Put the battery back in and tell me please if it then functions correctly.
Let me know the results please
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The fault is still in the camera
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Are you able to get to the menu on the camera still?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I can still use the menu when it is on the charger
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
It points to the battery as faulting, its not able to give enough power to the camera. It can be the mainboard in the camera, but this is only known once the battery has been replaced.
you can get a replacement battery via my link below
Click me to open
If after putting in this new battery you still have the issue, then the camera will need to be replaced sorry. But generally it is a faulting battery that's the cause.
If you would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.
Else if you can take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the screen then submit, that would be greatly appreciated.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The battery is Perfect The lens opens on battery power but then the camera will not operate properly either on the mains or battery the lens will only close and camera shut down on the mains power