Richard, Engineer
Experience:  Electronics Engineer
32989067

Replaced all inks but the black cartridge is not being used,so

Customer Question

replaced all inks but the black cartridge is not being used,so I thought it was faulty changed it for a new one still printer is sending everything out in pale blue, had the printer about 4 years not had any problems before,hope this does not mean it is past it's sell by date
Category: Electronics
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.
Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.
Can you tell me the make and model of the printer please?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
MFC-255CW
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
On the printer, press Menu,8, 2
Press the arrows to choose All
Press Ok
Let the clean complete and when it has, try to print and tell me if you still have the problem please.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
to my minds eye it still printing a pale blue
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Run the print quality check please
Press Menu, 8,1 and use the arrows to run the print quality check
Complete this following the onscreen instructions and let me know the results please
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
still pale blue on the quality check
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
It is the internal printhead that has faulted. We have no confirmed this.
A dirty printhead or faulty Ink cartridge can cause this but we have now ruled this out.
I am really sorry about this and you are going to have to replace the printer as repairing this at this printers age is not financially feasible (you can get prints for £50 and the repair would be more expensive this this).
I am really sorry about this, and if you have problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.
And if you can take a second to rate my service, that would be greatly appreciated.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you Richard for all your help,as a 74 year lady I not very computer savvy,so will I be ok too carry on with this printer til such times as all inks run out,or it dies a death of it's own accord.
Again thank you
regards Linda
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Your most welcome Linda,
if you need anything else, please let me know
And please remember to rate my service by clicking on one of the smiley faces, then clicking Submit.
Richard.