Richard, Engineer
Experience:  Electronics Engineer
32989067

My supposedly new htc m8 phone from giff gaff had flickering

my supposedly new htc m8 phone from giff gaff had flickering screen is now completely black done a reset did not fix help call if poss on ***********
Category: Electronics
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Hi there and welcome
Can you hold the power and volume up button for 10 seconds then release.
Does anything then happen and if so what?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
1 vibrate no screen action and a start up tone
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Ok, can you remove the charger from the phone.
then hold the power button down for 60 seconds then release.
Then wait 5 minutes.
Then connect the charger, hold the power button for 6 seconds, release and tell me if it now comes on please.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
no it made a sound like it had taken a pic then vibrated and made start up tone but no display
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
orange light solid
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
are you there??
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
yes, you wiped out my messages as you posted a few messages in a row which blocked mine.
I will repeat the answer that was lost.
It is the internal mainboard that has faulted.
A corrupted firmware can cause this. But we have ruled this out by trying to reinstall it. The fact that we cannot get to the recovery window, confirms it is the board that shorts out, and causes the device to stall. You just had bad luck getting a faulty unit.
I am really sorry about this and you are going to have to return the phone to have it replaced. It will be covered by the warranty if this has not expired, and the replacement will be done at no cost to you.
I am really sorry about this, and if you have problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.
And if you can take a second to rate my service, that would be greatly appreciated.