Richard, Engineer
Experience:  Electronics Engineer
32989067

I've got little white dots going across the top of my new 4k

I've got little white dots going across the top of my new 4k ultra hd tv.ive replaced it twice with upgraded tvs.the engineer said it's the sky box so we had sky come out and they said there's nothing wrong with the sky.its a £1700 tv and no one seems to have any answers??.
Category: Electronics
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
If you unplug the Sky box and set it so you just have a black screen, do you still see the white dots at the top of the screen?
Please let me know.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No the dots dissappear when sky box is disconnected.
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
ok, then we will rule out the firmware as the issue by resetting the skybox
To do this,
Press “SERVICES” on your Sky Plus Remote
Select Option 4
Next press 0, 1 and SELECT – you should now see the engineer’s menu.
Choose option 8, ‘Full System Reset’. The box will now take a few minutes to reset itself.
BE WARNED: This will clear your HD and thus wipe all your recorded programs but this cannot be avoided.
After doing this, let me know if you still have the issue please.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I've had to shoot of to work and the wife can't find option 4 I will have a look when I get in and see if I can do it.
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
ok thanks
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Richard my wife reset it I and the spots are still at top the screen.
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Thanks It is the Skybox that has faulted. A corrupted firmware can cause this. But we have ruled this out by reinstalling it. We have confirmed this and know as switching it off removes the dots, its the box thats causing it I am really sorry about this and you are going to have to return the unit to have it replaced. It will be covered by the warranty if this has not expired, and the replacement will be done at no cost to you. Explain what we have done, they have to see this is the case, it is very clear. I am really sorry about this, and if you have problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know. And if you can take a second to rate my service, that would be greatly appreciated. Thank you