Richard, Engineer
Experience:  Electronics Engineer
32989067

My Lumix TZ5 when switched on the lens will not come out but

My Lumix TZ5 when switched on the lens will not come out but when switched off it does. Then its says switch on and off same thing happens on the rare occasions it switches on properly it does on focus.
Category: Electronics
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.
Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.
can you remove the battery then hold the shutter button down for 60 seconds then release.
Put the batteries back in, turn it on and tell me if it now functions correctly.
Let me know the results please
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Done as you said just says turn off and again when turned off lens stays out.

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Are you able to get to the menu on the camera still?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

yes

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
ok, go to the Setup Menu and do a reset of the camera.
Once it has reset tell me please if it now functions correctly.
Let me know the results please
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

as soon as I go on to the menu it tells me to switch on and off again so can't see menu

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Thanks, ***** ***** the problem It is the internal memory or lens drive motor that's jamming the camera and stopping the firmware that has faulted. A corrupted firmware can cause this. But we have ruled this out by trying to reinstall it. The fact that we cannot get to the menu correctly confirms it is one of these two issues I am really sorry about this and you are going to have to return the camera to have it replaced. It will be covered by the warranty if this has not expired, and the replacement will be done at no cost to you. I am really sorry about this, and if you have problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know. And if you can take a second to rate my service, that would be greatly appreciated. Thank you